Program Available: Associate degree – Refrigeration/Air Conditioning/Heating Technology
The Associate of Science degree in Refrigeration/Air Conditioning/Heating Technology is an 18-month program with flexible day and evening classes to accomodate working students. This HVAC degree will provide the hands-on skills training that will prepare students to qualify for testing in HVAC competency exams and certifications.
HVAC Degree Program Overview
- Take pressure and temperature readings with a manifold gauge set and various temperature meters.
- Flare and braze cooper tubing.
- Diagnose various problems in an HVAC system using an electrical schematic diagram and various test meters.
- Charge air conditioning and refrigeration systems with the proper refrigerants using manufacturer’s instructions.
- Identify components of air conditioning and refrigeration systems and explain their function.
- Learn the operation of mechanical and electrical control devices used in heating and cooling systems.
- Troubleshooting and service call procedures for both the heating and refrigeration/air conditioning systems.
Financial assistance is also available for qualifying students at this East Greenwich, RI school.
Attention! This article is for informational purposes ONLY and is NOT a replacement for a professional advice! You will need to visit school's website for details and updates, as well as consult your local HVAC specialist for appropriate solution to your problem.
|DISCLAIMER: AS AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE I EARN FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES. THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS THAT WILL REWARD ME MONETARILY OR OTHERWISE WHEN YOU USE THEM TO MAKE QUALIFYING PURCHASES. FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE READ MY EARNINGS DISCLAIMER.|